On Sunday night shortly after 10 pm. Dixon City Fire Department was dispatched to 1110 Walnut Avenue for reported stove fire. Crews arrived on scene to find moderate smoke conditions throughout the 1st floor of the residence and fire in the kitchen that had extended from the stove.
Fire was extinguished and structure ventilated by responding companies. All responders were clear of the scene at 10:58 p.m.
Dixon City Fire Department was assisted by Dixon Rural Fire Department and Dixon Police Department.