The 55th Annual Dixon Petunia Festival will officially begin on Wednesday July 3rd. There will be several sporting events that take place this week in Dixon.
– 35th Annual KSB Tennis Classic will be held at the Emma Hubbs Tennis Courts in Page Park. The Youth will play on Tuesday and Thursday beginning at 1:30pm. The Adults will play on Saturday and Sunday beginning at 9am. The registration deadline to play passed last Wednesday.
– 10th Annual Bags Tournament is Thursday beginning at 12pm along the Dixon Riverfront. The cost is $30 per team for the social division and $60 per team for the competitive division. The registration is from 11am-12pm on Thursday along the Riverfront in Dixon.
– 20th Annual Reagan Run is set for this Saturday beginning at 8am at the Reagan Boyhood Home in Dixon. People can sign up at www.getmeregistered.com through 11:59am July 4th. After the online deadline has passed, people can still sign up for the Reagan Run at the Dixon Family YMCA on Friday from 11am-5pm.On Saturday, people can sign up for the Reagan Run at Haymarket Square beginning at 6:30am. If you sign up before Saturday the cost is $30. If you sign up the day of the race, the cost is $35.
– 3rd Annual Sand Volleyball Blind Draw Tournament is Saturday beginning at 8:30am. This event is already full of participants with a waiting list available. The action will take place at Plum Hollow on Saturday morning.
– Disc Golf Tournament is going to be held on Saturday at 9:30am at Lowell Park in Dixon. The registration deadline has passed (to be guaranteed a disc golf goodies bag) but they are still accepting late registration. The cost is $25 per play. You can sign up by calling the Dixon Park District at 815-284-3306 or sign up the day of the tournament at 8:30am at Lowell Park.